Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A million and one uses for a paint chip....

I really like the idea of using lettering in unconventional ways, and recently as I was strolling through our neighborhood home store, I grabbed a bunch of paint chips. I proceeded to turn them into technicolor love notes for my husband , but I can't help but think that these would be adorable place cards as well.....spelling out each person's name. Or you could even use them as table cards, with different words spelled out differentiating the tables. It would certainly be a different approach! I'm always so charmed when I walk into a wedding and am blown away by sweet little details that I haven't seen anywhere before. You could even spell out "thanks" and enclose them in your thank you cards for an unexpected touch. So many possibilities! I love it when I discover a way to turn an everyday object into a thing of beauty. It gives me such joy! How about you?

1 comment:

Aviva said...

I love this idea!! I've always thought that it's silly to limit a wedding to one or two colors...that it would be so much prettier with a palette of colors and these paint chips are yet another way to embrace that theme. :)